📝 In this article:
- WHAT IS THE FRANCOPHONE MOBILITY ?
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR FRANCOPHONE MOBILITY?
- WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?
- WHAT ARE THE COSTS ?
- THREE MAIN STEPS
WHAT IS THE FRANCOPHONE MOBILITY ?
Francophone Mobility is an initiative of the Government of Canada which facilitates work permits for skilled Francophone foreign nationals. Its aim is to encourage the growth of vibrant, French-speaking communities across Canada. Francophone Mobility is a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exemption which removes the obligation for employers to obtain the positive LMIA usually required to hire temporary foreign workers. The LMIA exemption code for Francophone Mobility is C16. Employers are not expected to offer a French-speaking working environment to Francophone Mobility candidates.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR FRANCOPHONE MOBILITY?
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?
For the Employer:
For the Candidate:
WHAT ARE THE COSTS ?
*Both fees are refunded if work permit application is refused or withdrawn
THREE MAIN STEPS
1.ENSURE THAT THE POSITION OFFERED IS ELIGIBLE
2.SIGN AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT WITH YOUR CANDIDAT
Ensure that the employment contract mentions ALL of the following elements even if it’s to clarify that they are not paid for by the employer (ex. accommodation, plane ticket to Canada):
- Job duties hours of work
- Accommodation arrangements
- Holiday and sick leave entitlements
- Terms of resignation or termination
- Transportation to canada
- Medical insurance coverage
- Workplace safety insurance coverage
- Any recruitment fees
3.APPLY ONLINE THROUGH THE EMPLOYER PORTAL
- Job Details section: Under ‘LMIA exemption title’, select ‘Francophone mobility R205(a) .
- Under ‘Explanation of how the job meets the requirements of the exemption being requested’, mention that the candidate is French-speaking, settling outside of Quebec, and has been offered a skilled position